From Toughing it to Buffing it


Ko ōku wh Ko ōku whakaaro me ōku mahi mo ngā mārama i pahure, ko te tōtika ngā mahi rorohiko kia pai taku tū i mua i ng ngā akonga. 

Te aha?

He aha ai?

Te matauranga

1. Set up my class site Quickly

2.Set up my class blogs

3. Awhi akonga to blog             

Pressure & stress of looking at other amazing sites drove me to design my site alike. 

The problems started and continued when setting up subpages amongst others that were still visible. 

My inability to navigate while remembering where I had been and where I was going to, what I had done and what actions do I need to take became overwhelming. I soon lacked desire and motivation. 

It is difficult to get support from our digital school leader due the many demands that person has to endure. I am too slow.

In Term1 most akonga couldn’t access their blogs so there was a wait time before access was available Term 2. Ka pai! Engari some still had problems. 

I couldn’t access the widgets to update their

 ‘Ko au’ details.          

Re-focus, Re-align the knowledge and skill within me, korero tahi ki taku Kaiarahi o ngā tuakana. 

Kaua e tukua ngā matangohi ki te pakanga. Never give up!

Our Kaiarahi encouraged, praised my ability and prior knowledge of digital practice and mahi. Took the time to share digital knowledge and practice.

Ko te mea nui, kia āta haere! 

I had to take my time and begin again my digital learning journey. 

I wanted to teach, learn and share digital learning to my tamariki. No time to cry about the misconception that I have lost it and can go no further.              

My achievements to date: My class site is taking a while engari e pai anā na te mea, I can see where to next and am continuing to move forward carefully. Akonga are able to access Te Reo Māori-Panui, Korero, Kainga, Blogs.


I learned how to use Canva to present akonga moemoeā to their whānau.  I created a template and design for akonga to use. They followed my design and some made small moderations which was great. We have now made our first Room6 blog entry. 


Term 2: Akonga blogs were made accessible excepting 1 student. I am still in the process of updating personal information in ;Ko Au’. 


I am reminded of Sir James Henare’s quote for te reo māori. ‘WE DIDN’T COME THIS FAR TO NOT GO ANY FURTHER.         


Now - Every small step has been a greater step forward to Digital Victory!!! 



Comments

Previous Posts

Toku huarahi whakatupu: My growth pathway.